Sunday, June 26, 2016

Consciousness Runs Deep


     After watching 300 Years of Fossil Fuels in 300 Seconds , I am convinced more than ever of my own responsibility to conserve resources. I was unaware how people in the middle ages burning coal instead of firewood could be so impactful so many years later as the use of coal transformed, as did humans ability to retrieve it. The look into what our future could look like, if we don't change our ways,  instilled some fear in me. What if more people don't see this message? With so many billion people on the planet, how do we change enough that our future isn't so bleak? My land ethic is right there with Leopold's. I believe that we should always respect the other living entities, whether it be the flora or fauna, and that includes living alongside them. I hope that there is a chance that millions of others somehow start to feel the same way and we have a chance to save things still.

No comments:

Post a Comment