Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Secret Life of Mountain Lions



After watching The Secret Life of Mountain Lions, I am truly surprised by what I learned. I had always pictured cougars to be dangerous predators, the ones that would attack you from behind when you were camping or hiking. The video was very effective in changing my mind and helping me to realize how important these cougars are. The rare footage that the video provided was really powerful because it showed a side of these animals that most have probably never seen. I was surprised to see how affectionate these mountain lions were with their young and how attentive. I knew that many big cats leave their young in order to provide food but I never realized how much they interact with each other when they are all together. I couldn't believe the statistic that only 1 in 5 babies will survive in the end. By watching this video I definitely gained a better understanding of these beautiful animals, and frankly more respect for them. As if it's not hard enough being a wild animal in our world today, there are many factors that cougars must overcome. I really hope that more people get a chance to see this video and realize how important it is to save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment