Sunday, July 17, 2016

How Mushrooms Can Save the World

After watching, 6 Ways Mushrooms Can Save the World, I can safely say I am blown away by the diverse range of positive effects mushrooms can have on the world. I have always had a rather opposite reaction to mushrooms, I have always been wary of them. I just remember being a child and being told never to eat, touch, or pick wild mushrooms because of how poisonous and possibly deadly they could be. I cannot believe how many good things they support. I was most surprised by the oil spill and the old growth forest organisms. The way that the mushrooms grew out of the oil spill and absorbed the oil, only to grow massively after was amazing. The findings of the rare organism in the old growth forest was something I also found very teaching. The picture of the organism itself is weird enough, the thing is huge, but when Paul Stamets begins to explain the medical potential and how he considers it an important line of defense for humans I was excited at the possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment